Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chapter VI-Set fire to the Rain

Hayli groaned as she grabbed the phone off of the nightstand in her and Tyler's hotel room. Jamie and Hayli were in New York City on a small vacation and stayed a day later to see the Bruins play the Rangers at Madison Square Garden.

Hayli carefully got out of bed, so she didn't wake up Tyler and went into the bathroom to check her phone.

One voicemail, one text message, and one missed call. They were all from Patrice, sighing, Hayli pressed play to listen to the voicemail.

"Hayli, it's me. The guys went out, can you come see me? I haven't seen you and I know you're here. I'm in room 1950. I have the door unlocked in case you do decide to come down. Bye!"

Hayli sighed as she replied to the text message asking her if she was awake.

Brushing her hair and teeth quickly, Hayli brushed lip gloss on her lips and slid Tyler’s hoodie over her head before replacing it with one from Victoria’s Secret. Spraying a quick mist of body spray on herself, Hayli grabbed her wristlet and walked out of the room. Tyler had snuggled against the pillow thinking it was Hayli and was still sound asleep. Hayli went to the elevator and pressed the button to go down. Her and Jamie’s room was on the 15th floor and Tyler agreed to stay with Hayli while Jamie had the room downstairs for her and Brad.

Hayli sighed as she got on and saw Jamie pressed against the wall with Brad sucking her neck. Hayli tried to go unnoticed but Jamie pushed Brad away from her and fixed her skirt, “Hey Hayli, where are you going so late?”

Hayli smiled slightly at her best friend, “I’m heading to the gift shop to see if they have any condoms. I forgot to pack them for me and Tyler.”

“I have some,” Brad said, “But I’m not giving them to you because I plan on using the whole box tonight.”

Hayli pretended to gag as Brad pressed Jamie against the wall and resumed his attack on her neck, "Tyler needs magnums, not centimeter peter brand. I bet you use those finger rubbers on yours."

Jamie laughed as Brad replied, "Fuck you," to Hayli before the elevator doors opened to the lobby, "We're going to walk around Times Square for a little while, see you later."

Hayli walked in the direction of the gift shop before getting on a different elevator to go back up. Hayli opened the door and saw Patrice sprawled out on the bed watching Rocky.

"Bonjour, belle," he greeted turning off the TV before walking over to where she was standing.

"I was sleeping when you called or I would have been here sooner."

Patrice smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck, "You're here now, right?"

Hayli stood on her tip toes to kiss him, "Mhm," she mumbled as Patrice's calloused fingers unzipped the hoodie she was wearing.

Patrice groaned seeing no bra underneath and he slowly slid it from her shoulders, "Vous ĂȘtes sexy," he whispered as he kissed his way down Hayli's neck to her breasts.

Hayli reached for his sweatpants and had them halfway down his ankles, when there was a knock at the door.

"BERGIE, OPEN UP," Milan Lucic's voice said on the other side.

"What he said," Nathan Horton repeated causing Hayli to panic.

"Shit," Hayli said grabbing the hoodie off the floor. She quickly zipped it before looking at Patrice who was pulling his pants back up.

"There's a door connecting their room to mine, go in there and I'll distract them.

Hayli quickly went into the conjoining room and hit under the bed. Turning her phone on vibrate, she tried to be as quiet as she could.

Milan Lucic's loud voice was suddenly closer and he sat down on the bed she was under. Nathan Horton was ranting about Tammy to Patrice when Milan decided to break his silence.

"I wish more women were like Segs' chick," Milan began, "She isn't clingy, she has a great set of tits, and from what I saw on his phone and from what Segs tells me, she gives good head."

"If I could fuck anyone else's woman on the team, it'd be her."

"I'd motorboat the shit out of her tits," Milan said, "She's a fucking fox."

Hayli saw Patrice's feet shift uncomfortably before he finally broke his silence, "Segs would kill you if he heard you talking about her like that. Besides, if Brittany and Tammy heard you talking about someone else's girlfriend like that, they'd kill you. I'm also sure you'd kill the guys if we talked about them like that."

Hayli smiled at Patrice defending her, "Damn Bergie, we were just saying but you cannot tell me you wouldn't screw her," Looch said again.

"I need a drink," Patrice said, "Meet me at the hotel bar in 15 minutes."

"Sounds good, I need a drink," Milan said standing up letting Hayli breathe again. Hayli's alarm on her phone went off and she quickly silenced it.

"What was that," Nathan Horton asked.

"Sounded like it came from under the bed."

Patrice quickly bent down and Hayli smiled at him before handing him her phone, "That's where it flew," Patrice said holding the black iPhone in his hand, "I knew it went somewhere, I was just too lazy to look for it. Thank God the alarm went off."

Milan and Nathan laughed before shuffling out of the room telling Patrice they'd see him later.

Patrice reached down and grabbed Hayli's hands pulling her out from under the bed, "Are you okay," he asked as she gasped for air and he handed her a bottle of water from the desk behind him.

"I'm fine," she said being careful not to let her voice fail her. She wanted to kill Tyler for showing Milan that video, "Nice cover up with the phone."

Patrice smiled before kissing her lightly, "I'll call you," he said, "Get some sleep."

Hayli smiled hugging him, "Goodnight."

"Bonsoir mon ange, sweet dreams," Patrice said as Hayli left the room.

Hayli went back to her and Tyler's room ready to kill him in his sleep. He made her locker room talk and she felt like a whore knowing Lucic had seen the video her dad had found a couple of months prior.

Hayli changed back into what she was wearing and slept in the other bed leaving Tyler by himself. The next morning, Hayli woke up to find Tyler sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Good morning," he smiled brightly taking a drink of his orange juice.

"Fuck you," Hayli snapped walking into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

Tyler laughed figuring it was because she was not a morning person; but when he got in the shower with her and she shoved him away from her, he knew something was wrong.

Tyler finished showering wondering what he could have done to make her mad at him. He didn't go out with the guys last night, he stayed in and spent time with her so it couldn't be that. They had spent the night talking about the vacation they went on with Tyler's family when they started dating. They shared a hotel room and fooled around for the first time.

Tyler smiled at the memory, he realized he loved her that night. He still loved her, she kept him from letting the fame get to his head and she stood by him all of these years. Tyler sighed as he wrapped the towel around his waist and went back into the bedroom.

"Hayli, what's wrong," he asked sitting down on the bed next to her, "Please tell me."

How did Hayli even lay her way out of this one? Hayli sighed before looking at Tyler whose eyes were pleading with her. He looked broken and Hayli was screaming at herself for making him like this.

"I woke up in the middle of the night and I was thirsty, so I went downstairs to get something to drink. I was walking by Looch and Horty's room and I heard them talking about whose girlfriend they would screw. Apparently I'm the girlfriend they'd fuck because I give good head from what you showed and told them. Oh! ...and I have a nice set of tits that Milan wants to motorboat the shit out of."

Tyler's jaw clenched and he felt his fist bawl up, "I trusted you with that video, Ty. Once again, you let me down. You turned me into cheap locker room gossip."

"I was a rookie and I wanted to fit in," Tyler began, "I'm sorry that I let you down. I never should have showed Looch that video. I love you so much, Hayli."

"Sometimes, you have a funny way of showing it," she said standing up from the bed, "I'll meet you downstairs."

Tyler ran his hands through his hair as the door slammed behind her. It was going to be a long drive back to Boston. Tyler had lied and said he was staying an extra day in New York so he could drive home with Hayli.

Tyler dressed slowly, not wanting to face the reality that his relationship with Hayli was at risk after what she had heard Milan and Nathan talking about. Grabbing his bag and his keys, Tyler headed downstairs to the lobby.

"Where's the car," Tyler asked Hayli as she talked to Jamie.

"Down in the garage, it'll be the only Range Rover down there."

"Thank you, Captain Obvious," he snapped back causing Jamie to raise her eyebrow questioningly.

"What happened," Jamie asked, "You two were fine last night."

"I don't want to talk about it."

Tyler pulled up in front of the hotel and Brad was the first one to see him.

"Yo Segs," he shouted and Tyler walked over to him, "Did you use those condoms last night?"

"I didn't use shit last night," Tyler replied completely oblivious to the two versions of Hayli's story, "We fought."

"You kinky son of a bitch," Brad said, "I knew you two were freaky but I didn't realize you two were that freaky."

"You should mind your own business," Hayli said getting in the car.

"You're a kinky whore," Brad said, "You should mind your vagina."

"Patrice and Looch are driving back with us," Tyler said as the two of them got in the back seat.

"Hello Suzy Sunshine," Milan said leaning over the seat, "How are you this morning?"

"Fuck off," Hayli spat pushing him away from her.

"Don't touch her," Tyler said.

Lucic threw his hands up in surrender, "I was only kidding."

"Were you kidding last night when you said you'd motorboat the shit out of my boobs," Hayli snapped causing Patrice's eyes to go wide and Milan to blush.

"How the fuck did you know about that?"

"She went to the vending machine on your floor and heard it walking by your room. You have a mouth bigger than Brad's," Tyler replied, "I don't talk about Brittany that way, don't talk about Hayli like that."

Hayli was shocked at Tyler defending her and pulled the sunglasses down onto her eyes. They had been driving for almost two hours when Hayli's phone rang.

"Hello," she said turning down the radio, “Hi daddy.”

Tyler looked at her questioningly before turning his eyes back to the road.

“What is this charge for an Agent Provocateur boutique,” Tom Samuels asked his daughter, “It’s $510.”

“Dad, I was going to pay that off when I got home from New York with Jamie.”

“I Googled that store, please tell me why you were buying lingerie.”

“I can’t talk about this right now.”

“Let me guess, he doesn’t know and it’s a surprise. He’s turned you into a whore.”

“Dad, just fuck off okay,” Hayli snapped, “You’ll have your fucking money on Monday.”

Hayli threw her phone in the cup holder and sighed before turning her face to look out of the window. Tyler took his hand off of the steering wheel and went to grab her hand. Hayli pulled out of his grasp, “Leave me alone, Ty. Not now!”

Patrice pulled his phone out of his pocket to text Hayli.

Are you okay?

I’m fine, okay. Mind your own business

Patrice wanted to scream at her but he couldn’t. They were 30 miles from a rest stop and Hayli needed to get out of the car fast. Hayli picked up her phone and texted one of her friends in Brampton that always had the right advice. Patrice had drifted off to sleep, leaving Hayli and Tyler by themselves.

“So, you’ll text your nerdy friends back in Brampton but you won’t talk to me,” Tyler said, “Is that really how this is going to work.”

“You’re an asshole,” Hayli replied, “Just get us home so I don’t have to deal with you. They have nothing to do with this, leave them out of it.”

“They hate me because you lucked out and got me.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean,” Hayli asked, “Are you saying I’m not good enough for you?”

Tyler didn’t say anything and Hayli fought back the urge to make him drive the car off a cliff. Patrice was awakened by them arguing and he heard the last thing that Tyler said. Patrice wanted to reach over the seat and strangle him for making Hayli feel like a piece of shit. They pulled into a rest stop and Patrice shook Milan awake before they got out of the car. Tyler was the first to climb out of the driver’s seat and Hayli packed her purse.

Patrice watched as Hayli got out of the car and began walking towards the direction of the rest stop when Tyler grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his chest.

“Asshole,” Patrice muttered.

“Let me out, I gotta piss,” Milan said nudging Patrice’s seat. Milan was sitting in the back in the extra seat and he had to go to the bathroom. Patrice got out of the car and let Milan out.

“Are we okay,” Tyler asked as Hayli stood with her back against the car.

“No,” Hayli replied, “We’re not.”

“I didn’t mean what I said about you not being good enough. You’re perfect for me, I’m sorry that I said something like that. I’m sorry that I told Looch too about everything that we do. You mean everything to me, Hayli. I don’t know what it is going to take for us to stop fighting but I want this to end. This isn’t us, we hardly ever fought. I know I haven’t exactly been the perfect boyfriend but I love you more than anything.”

Milan had returned and sat in the seat next to Patrice. They would back in Boston in two hours. Patrice and Milan fell into conversation about their upcoming games against Washington and Buffalo.

“I got you a slice of pizza and a frappucino from Starbucks,” Tyler said walking next to Hayli.

“Thanks,” she said coldly before grabbing the door handle. Tyler placed the box and the cup on the roof of the car before turning Hayli around in his arms. He lifted her and she wrapped her legs instinctively around his waist. Tyler rested his hand down the back of her jeans and pressed his forehead against hers.

“I love you,” he said, “I didn’t mean anything that I said. You’re perfect, Hayli.”

“I’m just tired of you always putting me down lately and I’m tired of us fighting,” Hayli admitted, “I have nothing without you, Tyler.”

“Don’t give up on us,” he whispered kissing her, “Please?”

“I won’t,” she whispered, “I promise.”

Tyler gripped her butt in his hands and pressed her against the car kissing her. Milan was listening to Patrice talk about the 1-3-1 the Lightning play when he saw Hayli’s jeans fall slightly from Tyler having her pressed against the car.

“Lower, lower, lower,” he chanted pushing his sunglasses down to catch a better view, causing Patrice to turn around and want to kill Tyler.

“Wow,” Patrice whispered.

“She’s fucking hot, not only does she have great tits, look at that ass.”

“Shut the fuck up, Milan,” Patrice snapped putting down the window, “Are you two done dryhumping each other yet? I do need to get home to my wife sometime today.”

Tyler laughed as Hayli pulled her jeans up and grabbed the food off the roof of the car. Hayli turned the radio on and they were back on the road to Boston. Hayli almost choked on her slice of pizza when the all too familiar piano intro to “Unfaithful” by Rihanna began playing. Hayli went to turn the station and Tyler stopped her, “I like this song,” he said and Patrice almost laughed sarcastically.

Hayli’s cell phone rang again, “Jesus Christ,” she screamed digging through her purse, “WHAT,” she snapped but quickly felt guilty, “Hi grandma.”

Tyler laughed as Hayli talked to Dottie Samuels, the woman that they were both close to, “Yeah I know, dad called me earlier and yelled at me.”

“Does that cute boyfriend of yours know about it?”

“No, grandma,” Hayli replied.

“I used to surprise your grandfather all of the time.”

“OKAY GRANDMA,” Hayli said laughing, “I got the picture.”

Dottie Samuels laughed lightly, “How was New York?”

“It was fun, we had a great time.”

“Is that adorable French teammate of your boyfriend with you?”

“Yeah, Patrice is here.”

Patrice let curiosity get the best of him and he looked at Hayli who laughed, “Hold on, I’ll put him on. Here my grandma wants to talk to you.”

Tyler laughed as he looked behind him and saw Patrice blush. Dottie was laying on the charm strong and Tyler grabbed Hayli’s hand. Patrice handed Hayli back her phone and she said goodbye to her grandmother.

Patrice sent Hayli another text message and he saw her clench the phone tightly in her hand before pounding back a reply.

I don’t understand how you can forgive him so easily

Like I said, mind your own business

Why are you being so shitty to me? Excuse me for caring.

You can tell me what to do when you’re my boyfriend but you’re not and you never will be.[/b[

Patrice sighed.

If that’s the way you want it, then that’s the way it’s going to be.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Lmao Looch is just hilariouse x) can't wait to see what happens with Segs and Hayli

    ReplyDelete